You have been wanting that cosmetic surgery procedure for years, and finally you have set the wheels in motion! Your consultation is coming up and you can’t wait. However, if you are considering plastic surgery, you should know that there are some things you should do so that your recovery is not only successful but comfortable!
Prepare ahead of time!
Your doctor will, of course, give you detailed and specific instructions on what you should and shouldn’t do before and after your surgery – but here are a few things to keep in mind!
• Ask for help. After any medical procedure, it is a good idea to have someone drive you home. You may even want to ask a friend or family member to stay overnight with you and to help take care of you. This is especially important if you have young children in the home!
• Prepare your kitchen. Eating healthy foods is an important part of your recovery, and you don’t want to be living on potato chips for a week because you don’t feel like cooking and you don’t feel like running to the store. Prepare a few easy-to-heat meals ahead of time and make sure you are stocked up on your favorite (at least mostly healthy) snacks.
• Prepare a comfy spot. Make sure you have the remote (with fresh batteries), a good book, and your iPad right where you can reach them from your favorite spot on the sofa.
And before your surgery….
• Don’t stop exercising. Even if you are counting on your tummy tuck to get rid of your extra fat, you shouldn’t stop taking care of yourself. Exercise is always a good idea, and being in shape can even help your body to heal faster.
• Stop taking certain medications. Your doctor will give you a list of the medicines you shouldn’t have in your system – anti-inflammatory medications, for instance.
Taking some time to get ready for your surgery can mean a much more pleasant recovery. Are you ready to finally schedule that procedure you’ve always wanted? Contact the office of Dr. Alfonso Barrera in Houston at (713) 468-5200 for an appointment today!