Have you finally decided to go ahead with that breast augmentation procedure? It is an exciting decision, but you do have a few more decisions to make! One of the most important is deciding on what size of implant to get – read on for a few tips to help.
Choosing the right size implant for you
When considering size, here are some things to keep in mind:
• Choose what makes you happy. As with any cosmetic surgery procedure, you should be having breast augmentation for yourself and no one else. And when you are choosing an implant size, you should get the size that is right for you and no one else.
• Ask the staff for advice. Dr. Barrera and his staff are here to help, and they have seen many patients and performed many breast augmentations. They’ll have a pretty good idea of what size may be right for your body type, and, while the final decision is yours, that is a place to start. While you’re in the office, you can also try on different sizes of implants underneath a special bra.
• Consider what you are trying to achieve. If you are concerned that your breasts have lost elasticity and shape, you may actually benefit more from a breast lift rather than a breast augmentation. That’s why it is important to recognize what you hope to get out of a breast procedure.
• Bring a friend to help. Again, the final decision is yours, of course, but sometimes it’s nice to have a trusted friend along to give a second opinion.
• Think of your lifestyle. How active are you? Do you love to play sports or run? These activities are certainly possible with larger implants, but they may not be as comfortable as they would be with smaller implants. Do you enjoy wearing tops and dresses that you can’t wear a bra with? If so, smaller implants might be better for you.
Deciding on what size implants to get can be quite overwhelming, but Dr. Barrera and his staff can help! Contact the office of Dr. Alfonso Barrera for a breast augmentation consultation. Call the office in Houston at (713) 468-5200 for an appointment today!
Comments are closed.