Botox is a very popular procedure, and you probably know at least one person who is a fan. If you’ve been considering Botox, you may have some questions – read on for some Botox facts that may answer some of them.
8+ Botox facts
Here are some things you should know about Botox, how it works, and why it is so popular:
1. Botox is made from botulinum toxin, which is a neurotoxin. It may not sound very smart to inject this into our bodies, but it is actually very safe when used correctly. It blocks the signals between the muscles and nerves, which keeps muscles from contracting and relaxes wrinkles.
2. Botox can be used cosmetically to reduce wrinkles, smooth crow’s feet, and reduce the appearance of neck bands.
3. Getting Botox is a very quick procedure. It can be done in your doctor’s office and typically only takes a few minutes. There is no downtime afterward – many patients have it done on their lunch hour and then get right back to work. However, you should avoid strenuous activity after your Botox injections.
4. It is noninvasive and nonsurgical. Because it is injected into the skin, there are no incisions and no scarring to worry about. Most patients report it is not painful; it only feels like a little pinch.
5. Botox also has few side effects – you may be a bit bruised after the procedure, but this will fade within a few days.
6. The results from Botox can last for months, and once they wear off you can get additional treatments.
7. Botox can be used in combination with other treatments. Discuss with your doctor the results you would like to see. He or she can advise you on what other procedures might be right for you.
8. Botox is a great solution when you have tried at-home wrinkle creams and serums to no effect, but you aren’t quite ready for a surgical procedure yet.
Botox is a popular procedure, and for good reason. If you are interested in Botox or another dermal filler, call the office of Dr. Alfonso Barrera in Houston. Call (713) 468-5200 today!
Comments are closed.