As we’re coming into the entertaining season here in Houston, it’s a great time to come see us at Dr. Barrera’s to have us add some volume to areas across your face with the Restylane® line of dermal fillers.
Restylane has continued to expand the line, targeting new areas of the face and lips. Dr. Barrera likes the diversity of the Restylane® line. Here’s where each filler fits for your needs:
The Restylane Family of fillers
- Restylane® — This was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler and is still very popular across the globe. It targets marionette lines, nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles by adding volume beneath the wrinkle or crease and pushing the surface skin upward. Its results last from 6-9 months.
- Restylane-L® — Restylane-L is basically Restylane® with Lidocaine added for comfort.
- Restylane® Silk — Restylane® Silk is an alternative to Juvéderm Volbella. It is used for subtle lip enhancement and for the correction of vertical lip lines. It provides results for around six months.
- Restylane® Lyft — Restylane® Lyft adds volume to the cheeks and corrects smile lines. It is an alternative to Juvéderm® Voluma. Results last from one year to 18 months.
- Restylane® Refyne —Restylane® Refyne was approved by the FDA in December 2016. This new addition to the Restylane® line (along with Defyne, see below) is used to correct smile (marionette) lines and nasolabial folds. Refyne is specifically formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles. Galderma has cross-linked the gel in Restylane® Refyne and Defyne to help support the patient’s natural expressions — for real-life results that help maintain natural movement when smiling, frowning, or otherwise moving your mouth.
- Restylane® Defyne — Approved along with Refyne, Defyne also specifically targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines. The difference is that Defyne is designed for use on moderate to severe creases and lines. Both Refyne and Defyne provide results that last up to one year.
- Restylane® Kysse — Restylane® Kysse is the newest addition to the Restylane® line. It is also FDA approved and formulated specifically for use on the lips. So, what’s different about Kysse? Kysse, like Refyne and Defyne, is formulated with XpresHAn Technology. This enables the gel to integrate into the skin, which allows for more natural motion of the tissues. This is an important benefit in the lips, as we make subtle movements continually with our lips, but some fillers tend to show a firmer, less malleable look, masking these movements. Kysse also has a few other important characteristics. In addition to adding volume and contour, Kysse enhances lip color. It also requires less filler to achieve the same volume improvement, and it provides results that last twice as long as Silk — up to a full year.
Call us at (713) 468-5200 to schedule your Restylane session.