Have you noticed lately that your skin looks a little dull? Maybe it needs some rejuvenation, but how? Microneedling may just be the perfect procedure to give your skin the youthful, refreshed look you want!
What exactly is microneedling?
Microneedling is a way to encourage more collagen to be created, and thus new skin to grow.
1. In the microneedling procedure, tiny needles (which may be as small as .5 mm) are used to just break the surface of the skin. It isn’t much, but it is enough to make your body want to heal that skin, by creating more collagen. Collagen is a protein that not only makes for healthy ligaments, bones, and tendons, but also beautiful skin, hair, and nails.
2. Microneedling can be used for skin that has large pores or is wrinkled or scarred. It can also be used to treat stretch marks and sunspots. It is used mostly on the face.
3. It can take several treatment sessions to see the results you want. Each treatment typically lasts only a few minutes and no more than an hour.
4. Microneedling has been used for decades but lately it has been getting more and more popular every day.
5. Because it is minimally invasive, there is no downtime after recovery. You can get right back to your regular activities.
6. Your skin may be a bit swollen and red after the procedure, but this will subside soon.
7. Microneedling can be paired with a hydrating serum. The procedure gives the serum the chance to get down deep into the skin’s layers for maximum benefit.
8. Microneedling is a great option if you have tried at-home procedures to liven up your skin with little result.
9. Microneedling is safe for most people, as long as you are healthy overall. However, you should tell your doctor if you are pregnant, if you are using acne medication, or if you have any health issues.
Microneedling creates new collagen, which helps to create new skin that is firm, bright, and youthful looking. Microneedling can help to give your skin new life! Contact the office of Dr. Barrera for more information about microneedling. Call (713) 468-5200 today!
Comments are closed.